"I would recommend St. Bonaventure to anyone who wants a diverse
and challenging Theology Department made up of faculty from around the world with vastly different beliefs and backgrounds."
Jean Mahler, '03
Read more alumni comments
Come to St. Bonaventure and enjoy:
- Top-flight faculty with a strong international orientation.
- Small classes (typically 5 to 15 in theology courses) that encourage discussion and interaction among faculty and students.
- Broad range of courses, covering most aspects of the academic study of theology.
- Lots of opportunities for ministry development through University Ministries, the Journey Project, and the Certificate in Religious Education.
- Bright and interesting students in theology classes, including many who are enrolled in the university’s Honors Program.
- Strong sense of community among faculty and students within the department, including faculty/student social gatherings.
- Personalized assistance with course selection and planning for the future, including help with graduate school admissions and/or career directions.
- Franciscan ethos that promotes a caring and inclusive campus environment.
- Scenic location with plenty of outdoor activities (skiing, hiking, canoeing, etc.) nearby.
- Affordable private school education, including competitive financial aid packages for strong students.
For more information about the Theology program at St. Bonaventure, contact Dr. Oleg Bychkov (department chair) at (716) 375-2443 or firstname.lastname@example.org.