Have your job offer in hand before you graduate.
The 5-year BBA/MBA degree in Accounting at SBU will prepare you with the skills necessary lead teams, balance creativity with analytical thinking, and make sound business decisions. Through a combination of innovative coursework, 1:1 faculty interaction, and internship experience, the Accounting program at SBU offers the best experience inside and outside of the classroom to set you ahead of your peers.
Accounting grads are in demand. Starting salaries are growing for Accountants and employers extend job offers and signing bonuses to candidates well before they graduate. With an Accounting degree from SBU, you'll be able to achieve your career goals, faster.
Accounting Program Advantages
- Be In Demand: 98% of SBU Accounting students at SBU have job offers in hand before graduation.
- Earn your BBA in Accounting and your MBA in 5 years: With your BBA and MBA in Accounting, you will be in demand from day one. You’ll enter the workforce faster with better credentials and more experience than Accounting peers at other schools.
- Top Ranked Accounting Program: St. Bonaventure’s Accounting program is ranked among the top 10 among over 500 of the nation’s small colleges.
- Small Class Size: An 11:1 student to faculty ratio means that your professors will work with you 1:1 to identify and provide the best opportunities and resources to match your interests and ambitions.
- Integrated Ethics: Ethics content is integrated at all levels of the curriculum to prepare you for the challenges of management and leadership.
- Internships: You will be required to complete an internship as part of the Accounting curriculum. Internships often result in job offers and provide invaluable experience, making you a stronger job candidate.
With your BBA and MBA in Accounting, you will be prepared for a career in public accounting as well as higher-level entry points into major banks, corporations, government agencies and other organizations. Starting salaries are growing for finance professionals in the U.S. and hiring demand for recent college graduates is on the rise. Students who choose to major in Accounting go on to find jobs in the following career fields:
- Public Accounting
- Corporate Accounting
Learn more about the typical career areas
and the types of employers that hire people Accounting majors.
Accounting students and alumni speak out about the Psychology program at SBU, student life, Franciscan values, and the career advantages of being an Accounting grad.