- Ph.D. candidate (ABD), Art History, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- M.A., Art History, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- B.A., Art History, The Evergreen State College, Olympia, Washington
- Author,‟Her Name is Peramonkoro!” in Sky Woman: Indigenous Women Who Have Shaped, Moved or Inspired Us. Published by Native Women in the Arts/ Theytus Books, Ltd., Penticton,
B. C., Canada, 2005.
- Author, From the Playground of the Gods: the Life and Art of Bikky Sunazawa. Published by the Arctic Studies Center, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution. Distributed by University of Hawaii Press, 2004.
- Author and co-editor, Ainu: Spirit of a Northern People, with William Fitzhugh. A book with chapter contributions which include ‟Ainu Art: The Beginning of Tradition” and ‟The Journey of Ainu Tourist Art to Fine Art.” Published by the Arctic Studies Center, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, and University of Washington Press. 1999.
- Author, “The Ainu and Their Culture: A Critical Twenty-First Century
Assessment,” solicited article in Japan Focus, an Asian Pacific E-Journal.
- Author, ‟Ainu Art and Culture, A Call for Respect, an interview with Chisato O. Dubreuil,” in Kyoto Journal, issue 63, Spring 2006.
- Author, ‟Ainu-e: Instructional Resources for the Study of Japan’s Other People,” an article for Education About Asia, a publication of the Association for Asian Studies, Volume 9, Number 1, Spring issue, 2004. Website: http://www.aasianst.org/EAA/dubreuil.pdf.
- Author, ‟The Enduring Art of the Ainu,” a major article solicited by Tribal magazine (formally the World of Tribal ARTS), Number 30, Spring 2003.
- Author, ‟Ainu Art on the Backs of Gods: Two Exquisite Examples in the Detroit Institute of Arts Collection,” a major article solicited for the Bulletin of the Detroit Institute of Arts, Volume 76, No. 1/2, 2002.