If you have completed high school and wish to take St. Bonaventure University undergraduate courses for credit, but you are not seeking a degree, you must apply as a Non-Degree Seeking Student. Non-Degree Seeking students do not normally qualify for any University, New York State or Federal financial aid. Giant Step Applicants please click here.
In order to be considered for admission as either a full-time or part-time Non-Degree Seeking student, you must submit a final high school transcript show graduation from secondary school. If you are seeking to enroll in courses for which a pre-requisite has been determined, you must submit appropriate college transcript(s) showing that you have met the pre-requisite(s).
Non-Degree Seeking applicants have several options when choosing how they wish to apply for admission:
1. Apply Online
. An easy to understand web-based application will load when you click on the Apply Online hyperlink. You will create an account and then be guided through a step-by-step process to complete the application. There is no fee to complete the online application
2. Download and Print the Application. If you prefer being able to work with a paper application, you may click on the hyperlink below and open an Adobe Acrobat PDF file, which you can either print out, complete and mail to St. Bonaventure; or "save as" the PDF to your desktop, then fill out the fields, and email back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-Degree Seeking Application
3. Obtain a Paper Application.
We will be happy to mail you a paper application. You may click on the Obtain a Paper Application link and use your e-mail browser to send us a request for an application, or simply phone an admissions counselor at 716-375-2434, or toll-free at 1-800-462-5050. Our e-mail address is email@example.com
. There is a $30 application fee when you submit this application.
is a unique category of non-degree seeking students. Qualified secondary school students who live within commuting distance of St. Bonaventure University and who receive permission from their guidance counselor may apply for admission as Giant Step students. Giant Step students take regular St. Bonaventure classes and receive transcripts for their work.
An opportunity to enroll in college-level courses, Giant Step is available to high school students who have completed their junior year of high school. Admitted students are allowed to take up to six hours per semester.
Requirements for the application are:
1. Applicants must submit an application with the Office of Admissions. The only application for this program is the paper application, which can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat PDF format here
, or requested from the Admissions Office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
, by phone at 716-375-2434, or toll-free at 1-800-462-5050.
2. Applicants must be at least a first-semester senior to participate.
3. Applicants must be enrolled in a high school program in which they have achieved, or are achieving, the normal requirements for admission to the University.
4. Applicants must be recommended by their high school counselor or principal.
5. Applicants must submit official high school transcript and ACT, SAT or PSAT scores.