Business at Bonaventure:
The best of both worlds
St. Bonaventure University’s School of Business has taken its rightful place as one of the premier business schools in the world. We are one of the smallest institutions accredited by the Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
We have the best of both worlds: a quality business school within the personalized, small school environment that has always characterized SBU.
- AACSB accredited since 2004
- One of only 5% of business schools worldwide to hold this accreditation — and we are proud to declare these “bragging rights”
We incorporate service learning into the curriculum, which uniquely links our Franciscan mission to the academic core of the School of Business.
Majors of Distinction
Since its inception, St. Bonaventure’s School of Business has maintained a strong core of academic programs:
- Business Information Systems
- Management Science
- MBA (full time, part time and 5-year option)
More Extraordinary Opportunities
The future is exciting and offers the following niche programs:
- Coursework in Family Business
- Business Honors Program
- Sports Management Minor
- International Business Minor
- Coursework in Entrepreneurship
Pacioli Scholars Program
Named after Luca Pacioli, a 15th Century Franciscan friar, who was much more than the Father of Accounting – he was the very essence of business ethics.
Woven throughout his description of the double-entry method of accounting are his insights on how being a successful businessperson and a good person can and should be brought together in living an integrated life.
This competitive program recognizes high-quality students with a unique commitment to community service, a solid business model St. Bonaventure stands behind.
- 500+ alumni own their own business
- 500 + alumni hold key executive positions at regional, national or multinational firms, including:
- Alesco, Amgen
- Bessemer Trust, BMO
- Citibank, Corning, CUTCO
- Delta Airlines, Dresser-Rand, Deutsche Bank
- FiberTech, G.E., Greatbatch Inc.
- IBM, Iroquois Insurance Group
- JP Morgan Chase, KPMG, Lockheed Martin
- M&T Bank, Massey Quick & Company, MasterCard, Merrill Lynch
- New York Stock Exchange, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Procter & Gamble, Sirius/XM Radio, Service Center Metals, Symetra Financial Corp.
- The Bank of New York Mellon, TIAA-CREF
- UBS, Upper Allegheny Health System, Zurich Financial
- And the list goes on…need we say more? Yes, Bonaventure is Bullish on Business!