Online http://www.sbu.edu/donate Phone
Call us at (800) 664-1273. Mail
Drop a check in the mail to:
St. Bonaventure University
P.O. Box 2519
St. Bonaventure, NY 14778 In Person
Stop by Francis Hall to talk with us. Recurring Gift
Use your credit card or bank account to make automatic weekly, monthly, or quarterly donations. Matching Gift
Your employer may match your gift -- ask your human resources office.
Your support provides a rich academic environment that promotes inquiry and innovation, helping students to explore, question, and discover.
A message for you from Dr. Greg Privitera, assistant professor in St. Bonaventure’s Psychology Department
“Many institutions of higher education say that their graduates will become qualified upon graduation to meet the standards of their prospective employers. However, particularly today, the job market is filled with qualified candidates. Getting selected is not about being qualified anymore. Instead, it’s about standing out among all those who are qualified—it’s about becoming extraordinary. Here at Bona’s we don’t settle for just qualified. Let me give you some examples of how your generosity has helped us surpass qualified and enter extraordinary.
Through your partnership with the university, I have been able to develop opportunities for students to be teaching assistants (TAs) at the undergraduate level—a rarity in university settings. This is critically important to student success. Typically less than 1% of applicants are accepted to doctoral-level programs. I am happy to report that my last two TAs have since been accepted to doctoral programs.
Because of your support, 11 undergraduate students have been named as co-authors in seven peer-reviewed scientific journals in the student research I have been involved in since 2011. Nationally, less than 1% of undergraduate students are named as authors on peer-reviewed research; the 11 student authors at Bona’s account for about 20% of our junior/senior psychology class. That is something truly extraordinary. And of those who have applied to graduate school, including the four students who applied to doctoral programs, 100% have been accepted. Thank you for your partnership and investment in The Bonaventure Fund as that is what makes St. Bonaventure Extraordinary.”
By supporting our faculty, you support the entire Bona experience
Following are just a few examples of recent efforts to enhance the academic experience from within...
• The Martine Endowment for Improvement in Teaching awarded approximately $25,000 to faculty and staff working on projects during the 2013-2014 year.
• The Keenan Endowment for Improvement in Teaching awarded approximately $44,000 to faculty and staff working on projects during the 2013-2014 year.
• Faculty received approximately $12,000 in Sponsored Research awards for the 2013-2014 year.
• St. Bonaventure partnered with the Association for Core Texts and Courses and the Oxford Study Abroad Programme to sponsor a liberal arts program that champions liberal education to students around the globe.
• In preparation for the move to the Swan Business Center, School of Business faculty trained on several systems to enhance the classroom experience, including Capsim, Bloomberg terminal, Panopto, GRETL, and digital display systems.
Application forms, procedures and additional information
There are many ways to experience
St. Bonaventure for yourself
Learn more about the programs that interest you