Mrs. Julie Hall,
Plassmann Hall, B07
Mrs. Patricia Riehle
Plassmann Hall, B08
The Office of Field Services for the School of Education provides myriad student services as well as departmental tasks related to program development.
The following is a brief list of ways that the Office of Field Services facilitates the relationship between higher education and local school and agency partners while upholding the School of Education mission statement:
- Collaborate with local schools and agencies to provide our students with a variety of meaningful and diverse experiences.
- Coordinate scaffolded and authentic experiences to best prepare our candidates to be successful in 21st century schools.
- Track students and program data, generate reports and disseminate for use in program reflection and development.
- Interact with all School of Education faculty and staff to provide information and resources to best serve our candidates. We also interact with faculty and staff in other departments with whom our students have contact.
- Participate fully in local, regional, state, and national agencies and organizations to stay abreast of the changing landscape of education.
- Uphold rigorous state and national standards to prepare our candidates to incorporate them into their practices.
- Inform all school and agency partners as well as parents of P-12 learners of any programmatic changes within the School of Education.
- Include state teacher certification in all dialogue, decision-making, and program changes.
- Arrange for Independent Studies (EDUC 437) for candidates who wish to further enhance their skills outside of program requirements.
Field Services Links