Bachelor of Science in Physical Education
Leading to Certification in New York state: All levels
The plan of study below is only a suggested sequence. Your semester schedules should be planned in consultation with your adviser.
To see the title of a course in the plan of study below, simply pass the cursor over the course's number. To see an overview of a course, click on its number. A list of all education courses is found on our Course Descriptions page. A summary of the requirements for the degree is provided on our Curricula page.
* Proof of lifeguard certification is required by the end of the second year.
Elementary and secondary field blocks must be completed prior to student teaching. Field blocks may be rearranged depending on semester of student teaching.
In order for students to graduate and/or be recommended for certification, all graduation and/or certification requirements must be completed satisfactorily. These include:
- Application for Graduation and Degree Audit (Registrar)
- Application for Graduation (School of Education evaluation)
- 3.0 GPA overall
- 3.0 GPA in all EDUC, PHED, and SPED courses
- Minimum grade of C in all education, special education or physical education courses.