St. Bonaventure’s Office of Instructional Technology Support would like to introduce you to some of the many support services we provide.
The following technologies are offered to help augment your teaching experience here at SBU.
We offer one-on-one personalized assistance, hands on training at your convenience, and conduct group workshops throughout the year.
- Moodle - a web-based learning management system that offers a variety of tools that can be used to create an online learning environment that is an extension of your classroom. Moodle allows you to post course material and supplemental resources, set up discussion boards, create online quizzes, set up drop-boxes for assignment submissions, and develop a grade book allows students to view their grades online.
- Sympodiums - takes projection and whiteboard displays one step further by allowing the professor or a student the ability to use an interactive pen to write over projected materials or create new ideas; all of this can then be saved to a file and shared for later study.
- Student Response Systems - allows students to interact with the content presented during class. These systems are sometimes referred to as “clickers,” and look similar to a remote control. The professor or another student can pose poll questions during the class and an immediate tally of responses is available for discussion.
- Microsoft Office (2003 &2007) - do you want to learn how to set up a grade book in Excel, create a PowerPoint presentation, need some assistance utilizing Outlook , or just have a “how to” question --- we can help.
- Digital Media Center - located in the Friedsam Memorial Library, the digital media center is available to faculty and students for projects. Tools available include: Hardware/software to convert VHS tapes to a digital format ▪ Video editing software
▪ Equipment to convert cassettes to digital format ▪ Scantron testing equipment for test grading ▪ Poster printing ▪ Scanning.
- Web Site Assistance –Training for the new SBU site and FrontPage support.
Contact the Office of Instructional Technology Support:
Email - Karla Bright at email@example.com or call 716-375-7897