The Physical Activities Club supports physical activity programs for area children and St. Bonaventure students. The club is designed to help students and community members live healthier lifestyles. We work to enhance student opportunities for professional experiences and community involvement service on and off campus. We coordinate activities significant to physical education as well as attend conferences that provide knowledge, ideas and promote our education services.
The PAC volunteers time in numerous events and organizations on- and off-campus to promote healthy lifestyles. PAC is open to all current SBU students. Our officers are elected from Physical Education or Sport Studies majors.
- PAC at conference: We send students to the NYS AHPERD Conference where Physical Education Majors present to professional educators and fellow students from across New York.
- SIFE fundraiser: We help raise money to allow student teachers a 6-week student teaching assignment in the Bahamas.
- Women in Sports Day: We help coordinate a fun day for female local student athletes on campus where they get active in clinics, listen to speakers, and spend a day in the life a Division I athlete.This will be held April 23rd.
- Special Olympics New York: We run a coaching clinic on campus open to any student who wishes to become a certified Special Olympics Coach. This will be held March 19th.
- No Child Left Inside Day: PAC members coordinate physical activities for local “at-risk” youth and allow them to have a fun, safe and active day at SBU.
- PAC Service Project: PAC is starting a new initiative in working alongside Special Olympics New York (SONY). This PAC Service Project will help Bonaventure students and those in the community become certified to coach for Coaching Special Olympics, gain internship hours, and have experience working with Special Olympics in the coaching domain as well as program planning. Both classroom work and hands on experience in Butler gym are open to all members of the University. On April 19th and 20th over 130 Special Olympians will participate in skills training and unified games alongside Bonaventure DI basketball players.
Other events on campus and in the community that PAC spends time on include: Jump Rope for Heart, Bonagany, No Child Left Inside Day, Soccer Balls for Haiti, New York Special Olympics, and working with other campus organizations like Bona Buddies and Bona Responds.
PAC is open to any student and is meant as a way to give back to our university and our community through service oriented work. Aligning with our mission, we try to promote healthy eating and fitness choices.
Feel free to contact our advisors by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.