This option to our B.S.–D.O. dual admissions program with LECOM College of Medicine provides an accelerated 3+4 track to medical school for the well prepared and highly motivated student.
- The student completes three years at St. Bonaventure University, then four years at LECOM. The first year’s credits at LECOM transfer back to SBU to complete the degree of B.S. in biology, saving a year’s time and expense.
- The 3+4 option requires a biology major at St. Bonaventure because the credit that transfers back does not fit other majors.
- Students in the B.S.-D.O. program can change between the 3+4 and the 4+4
tracks (either direction) up until the end of the sophomore year at St.
Bonaventure. A decision between the 3+4 and 4+4 tracks does not need to be made at the time of application.
- High school applicants must have a minimum SAT double score (critical reading + math) of 1300 or ACT composite of 29. This higher SAT/ACT requirement is the only difference from the 4+4 track.
- For additional requirements, return to the 4+4 Track page.
Current St. Bonaventure Students:
- St. Bonaventure B.S.-D.O. students in the 4+4 track who do not meet the high school SAT/ACT requirements for the accelerated track can ask to be considered for the 3+4 track after 3 semesters at St. Bonaventure, based on their performance here. This will be done on a case by case basis.
- SBU students who are not in the B.S.-D.O. program but who qualify can enter this track of the program up to Feb. 1 of their freshman year at SBU.
Maintenance Standards for Phase I of the Program:
- Maintenance standards for Phase 1 of the 3+4 track of the B.S.-D.O. program are identical to the 4+4 track. (Return to 4+4 Track page.)
Applying for a Combined Degree Program
The Common Application is preferred for this combined degree program.
NOTE: Send all paper application materials to:
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box D
St. Bonaventure, NY 14778
Allen Knowles, M.D.
Director, Franciscan Health Care Professions
Biology Dept., De La Roche Hall Rm. 219
St. Bonaventure, New York 14778