We give you the skills you need to succeed
Strategic communicators understand how their work supports larger business goals. They utilize their skills in critical thinking, analysis and research to scan their environments, create integrated and complex communication plans and execute those plans using traditional and emerging communication channels.
The program's aim is to provide students with the skills needed to succeed in this swiftly evolving industry. Students will:
- learn how to write using clear, concise, compelling language for a career in communications;
- develop professional presentation skills to build support and influence;
- research, develop and execute complex communication plans;
- understand organizational dynamics in both domestic and global environments;
- utilize the full array of communication tools, including new and emerging technologies such as social media;
- know how to effectively and ethically communicate crisis situations; engage with industry professionals; practice their craft with real clients in an agency setting.
Position yourself for success in a number of fields
The strategic communication and digital media major provide tactical training for students interested in a multitude of communications-related careers, which increasingly require entry-level employees to work as generalists while also understanding how their tactics tie into the organization’s larger strategic goals.
A major in strategic communication and digital media positions graduates for success in any number of career fields, including: