St. Bonaventure University, through a partnership with LBL Strategies
, offers a noncredit, online, independent-learning certificate program in strategic management.
The Strategic Management certificate (SMC) is continuing professional
education delivering "process organized" understanding to working professionals with responsibilities tied to strategic planning and management and those desiring to take on more responsibilities in this area and develop their career path.
is an approved Registered Education Provider for the Association for Strategic Planning
(ASP). SMC course content aligns with the association's "Lead-Think-Plan-Act" body of knowledge, allowing participants to gain valuable understanding to establish a pathway to ASP certification.
Skilled strategic management professionals establish and direct disciplined approaches to planning and execution that fits their organization by being practical, sustainable and cost effective. The Strategic Management Certificate's coursework delivers understanding to the discipline of strategic management broken down into the required phases and steps for planning, implementation and evaluation of strategy as a management process.
SMC immerses you in the industry's most widely respected and universally applied practices in strategic management. Read and download the course syllabus here
Who should attend?
The Strategic Management Certificate is for
- professionals who lead, manage or have direct responsibilities tied to the development and implementation of strategy;
- professionals building a pathway to professional certification and career development in strategic planning and management;
- strategic management consultants;
- owners and senior executives who see the need for more effective strategic management processes in their organizations.
What are the deliverables and benefits?
The Strategic Management Certificate course of study:
- builds understanding to and connections between respected theory, practices, requisite skills and tools required in the phases and steps of strategic planning, implementation and performance evaluation as a managed process;
- provides 24/7 access to course materials and discussion forum via St. Bonaventure’s online learning management system.
- delivers coordinator supported independent learning experience including assigned readings in course text and supporting case study, recorded video lectures, learning recognition quizzes reviewed with feedback from content providers and tools and templates for independent practice and application to your work.
- allows joining the Association for Strategic Planning (ASP) at the "student" rate while in the course for those interested in preparing to sit for ASP certification examination to become certified as a Strategic Planning Professional (SPP), Strategic Management Professional (SMP) or designation as a Strategic Planning Associate (SPA).