International Studies Program
International Studies is an interdisciplinary and multi-cultural program that addresses the principal issues confronting today’s globalizing world, drawing ideas, faculty and courses from a wide range of disciplines.
Majors choose a regional concentration that will allow them to apply their theoretical knowledge to a specific region of the globe.
To further this knowledge and help develop language skills, students will be encouraged to study and/or engage in service abroad.
The major in international studies has many varied and exciting career paths available. Here are just a few fields and types of employers available with a bachelor’s degree in international studies.
- Business: domestic and foreign financial institutions, international marketing firms, international trade firms, international transportation, travel, and hospitality industry.
- International Relations: relief organizations, religious organizations, educational institutions, consulting firms, research institutes.
- Government: United Nations, defense contractors, U.S. Peace Corps, U.S. Foreign Service, USAID, Armed Services.
- Non-Profits: private voluntary organizations, humanitarian services, relief organizations.
- Language Services: public and private schools abroad, English language institutes, colleges and universities.
- Journalism: foreign news agencies, TV networks, wire services, online publishers, academic journals, magazines, museums, freelancing.