A practical on-the-job experience whereby students are employed by organizations in an environment that enables them to supplement their formal, theoretical business education. Each internship is individually arranged and must be approved in advance by the internship director and the student’s advisor. Internships may be taken during the school year or during the summer months. Students are evaluated by the organization for which they worked and by the submission of a descriptive paper by the student.
Numbering is as follows:
- BI 300A General Business Internship
- BI 301A Accounting Internship
- BI 302A Management Internship
- BI 303A Marketing Internship
- BI 306A Finance Internship
- BI 308A Business Information Systems Internship
- BI 309A Sports Management Internship
Prerequisites: Internships are available to business majors or secondary concentrations in business who have successfully completed most of the basic business courses. 1-3 credits. (dependent upon duties and responsibilities of the internship plus the length of time worked). The maximum credit available for all Business Internships is six credits. Internships are graded on the P, D, F system.