Contact Us

The Office of Marketing and Communications is located on the second floor of Francis Hall on the east end of campus. 

Contact:
Tom Missel
Director of Media Relations and Marketing
P.O. Box 2509
Office of Communications 
St. Bonaventure University 
St. Bonaventure, NY 14778

Phone: (716) 375-2303
Fax: (716) 375-2380
Email: tmissel@sbu.edu 

The Office of Sports Information is located in the Reilly Center. 

Contact:
Steve Mest
Associate Athletics Director for Strategic Communications
P.O. Box G, Reilly Center
St. Bonaventure University
St. Bonaventure, NY 14778
Phone: (716) 375-2319
Fax: (716) 375-2382
E-mail: smest@sbu.edu
Web: www.gobonnies.com

Other Resources

Alumni, keep in touch with your alma mater via @SBU, a monthly e-newsletter. Sign up and view past issues here.

Parents of first-year students can stay in the campus loop with an e-newsletter from the First-Year Experience office. 

Faculty, staff and students receive weekday Notice Board announcements regarding upcoming events and activities. Employees can submit notices via notice-board@sbu.edu.

The University Style Guide, logos, and forms requesting publicity and publications are available on the Communications Office's page on my.sbu.edu.

Headlines

More News

#Bonas senior named by AAF as one of nation’s top multicultural students

Feb 13, 2018 |

Brandon FieldsBy Josh Svetz, ’18

St. Bonaventure University senior Brandon Fields is on a roll.

The strategic communication and digital media major landed two internships in the past few months, became the head public relations director of SBU’s chapter of the American Advertising Federation, and has been named by AAF as one of the nation’s Most Promising Multicultural Students.

Fields was flown out to New York City this week to meet for four days with some of the top advertising agencies in the world, tour the facilities and participate in an active recruiting session with 49 other students.

Fields is excited for the opportunity to make connections and represent St. Bonaventure.

“It’s one of the best feelings I’ve ever had,” Fields said. “I don’t usually win competitions. I’ve applied for a lot of things in my life and never got them. For this to be one of my first big wins in life, I’m just so grateful.”

Kimberley DeSimone, a lecturer in the Jandoli School of Communication, offered to write one of Fields’ letters of recommendation and was ecstatic when he won the award.

“I can’t think of a more deserving student than Brandon,” DeSimone said. “His incredible adaptability, infectious personality and natural leadership skills allow him to thrive and succeed in any environment.”

Although Fields proved his capability to his professors and peers, he still had his doubts.

“At first I wasn’t going to apply,” Fields said. “Bonaventure’s a small school and I was worried about my chances. But I took my shot.”

The New York City event provides opportunities to recruit fresh talent to further prepare the advertising industry’s best young prospects and to help the advertising and media workforce better reflect the diversity of today's society.

As part of the four-day experience, Fields will also attend workshops, listen to prominent speakers and get to participate in a job fair with places like Droga-5, Apple, Grey Group and Google among the several agencies actively looking for the next star in advertising.

Fields, a native of Queens, New York, taps into the ad world quite a bit. He subscribes to Adweek and regularly researches agency histories and commercials he’s watched on TV.

For Fields, the opportunity is a dream come true.

“I don’t come from the most affluent area,” Fields said. “To be a young African American male going to agencies who create commercials I’ve watched during the Super Bowl, it’s just incredible.”

You can follow Fields on Twitter here or @brando_ice.

______________

About the University: The nation’s first Franciscan university, we believe in the goodness of every person and in the ability of every person to do extraordinary things.  St. Bonaventure University cultivates graduates who are confident and creative communicators, collaborative leaders and team members, and innovative problem solvers who are respectful of themselves, others, and the diverse world around them. Named the #5 best college value in the North by U.S. News and World Report, we are establishing pathways to internships, graduate schools and careers in the context of our renowned liberal arts tradition. 

Featured Video