DEAR PARENTS AND FAMILIES OF
NEW ST. BONAVENTURE STUDENTS:
There is much excitement on campus today as classes begin - our new freshmen and transfer students have arrived, and we are thrilled. During our Welcome Days program, an extension of Orientation, we made every effort to continue to help your child with the transition to college life.
I don't mind telling you that we probably share some of the same nervousness that you might be experiencing - that positive, nervous energy that accompanies a new beginning. Even though we greet new students every August, we all recognize that each entering class is different. It's a new beginning for your family and for us. We are delighted that we'll be going through it with you - together.
Please be sure to make frequent visits to our Parents' Web site at www.sbu.edu/parents.We are open to suggestions as to how we might improve it. Don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can expect to receive periodic e-mails from us that will update you on campus happenings.
On behalf of our entire community, welcome to our Bonaventure family.
Dr. Nancy Casey
Director, First-Year Experience Program
Pictures from Welcome Days
WHAT'S GOING ON . . .
Upcoming events on campus include:
Monday, 8/25 - First Day of Classes
Monday, 8/25 - The Four Stages of Drinking Program
Wednesday, 8/27 - The William F. Walsh Science Center Dedication
Wednesday, 8/27 - Students for the Mountain Interest Meeting
Thursday, 8/28 - Physical Education/Sport Studies Majors Meeting
Thursday, 8/28 - TRON Laser Tag
Friday, 8/29 - Women's Soccer vs. Cleveland State
Friday, 8/29 - John Grey & Friends Band in the Skeller
Saturday, 8/30 - Men's Soccer vs. Army
Monday, 9/1 - Last day to Add/Drop
Monday, 9/1 - Organizations Fair
Thursday, 9/4 - Evening Away at Mt. Irenaeus
Friday, 9/12 - Movie Marathon
Saturday, 9/13 - Swim & Movie Night
Sunday, 9/14 - Undergraduate Open House
Tuesday, 9/16 - Sr. Margaret's address to the Class of 2012
Tuesday, 9/16 -
Alumnus James E. Post, founder of Voice of the Faithful, will discuss business ethics.
Thursday, 9/18 - Poet Frances Richey, author of “The Warrior: A Mother’s Story of a Son at War,” a memoir to her son, Ben, who served two tours of duty in Iraq
Friday-Sunday, 9/19-21 - Family Weekend
:: learn more
:: send a comment
Are you wondering what your student might be experiencing during his/her first week at school? Here are some conversation starters to help you learn:
- What's the biggest difference you're seeing between your high school classes and your college classes?
- Do you have a first- year experience mentor on your floor? Where's that person from?
- What did other students think of "Left to Tell"?
- What clubs or organizations are you thinking of joining? (And pass on the recommendation to do no more than two.)
- Have you talked to any of your faculty yet outside of class?
- Does your textbook have a Student Guide attached to its Web site? Check the introductory pages or the back cover for the Web address and links.
- Have you found a regular time in your daily schedule for studying? Where are you studying?
- Have you entered important dates into your SBU Planner?
- What Passport Events have you attended?
Click here to see the Family Weekend schedule for Sept. 19-21!