The library benefits greatly from the generous support of the following endowments:
- Library Business Endowment -- This fund was established in 1991 by Vincent and Maryann McKelvey, to be used specifically for acquisitions for the departments within the School of Business. Both Mr. and Mrs. McKelvey graduated from St. Bonaventure University's School of Business: Mr. McKelvey from the Management Sciences program in 1973 and Mrs. McKelvey from the Accounting program in 1974.
- McCabe Library Endowment -- Established in 1974 from a bequest of the estate of Howard J. McCabe, this fund is used to purchase modern science reference books.
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Challenge Grant -- Through the efforts of Dr. Rich Reilly and Dr. Carol Dimminie, who headed up a committee to write this grant, the library has a $1 million dollar NEH endowment fund ($250,000 was given by the NEH, and $750,000 was raised by the university). The proceeds of this fund are used to purchase humanities-related materials for the library. Dr. Al H. Nothem Endowment -- see separate page about Dr. Nothem and information about this endowment.
- Dr. Al H. Nothem Memorial Endowment -- Dr.Al Nothem was a full professor of education and a former vice-president for academic affairs at St. Bonaventure University. The Dr. Al H. Nothem Memorial Endowment provides reference services and resource materials for use by those who aspire to become school administrators or supervisors in the Twin Tiers, and by administrators and faculty members from area public and private schools. Click for more information about Dr. Nothem and this endowment.
- William M. Farley Gift Fund -- William M. Farley graduated with a degree in History from St. Bonaventure University in 1950. He served his country in the Korean War, and then went on to have a 30-year career teaching Civics and History in the Afton Central Schools. Click for more information about Mr. Farley and this fund.