- Ph.D., English, Temple University, 2009
- M.F.A. Creative Writing, University of New Orleans, 2001
- B.A. English, University of New Orleans, 1998
- “Arguing the Courtship of Elizabeth and Alençon: An Early Modern Marriage Debate and the Problem of the Historical Public Sphere.” Rhetoric Society Quarterly. 42.1 (2012).
- “Childhood Reflections: Elizabeth I’s The Glass of the Sinful Soul and the Foundations of Her Rhetoric.” Explorations in Renaissance Culture. 37.1 (2011).
- “A Conservative Revolution: Elizabeth I and the Making of Religious and Rhetorical Truth.” Advances in the History of Rhetoric 10 (2007): 175-196.
- Presenter, “Nativity and Dissolution: Charles I’s 1629 Declaration and Milton’s Nativity Ode,” Conference on John Milton, Murfreesboro, TN, October 2011.
- Presenter and Organizer, “2010: A (individual and institutional) Space Odyssey: Digital Remix.” Conference for College Composition and Communication, March 2010, Louisville (upcoming).
- Workshop Participant, “History Matters,” RSA Institute, Rhetoric Society of America, State College, PA, June 2009.
- Presenter, “Rhetorical Execution: Elizabeth, Rhetorical Theory, and the Death of Mary, Queen of Scots.” Queen Elizabeth I Society Annual Meeting, Hot Springs, AK, March 2009.
- Roundtable Participant: “What Is Rhetoric Research? A Roundtable.” Modern Language Association, San Francisco, 2008.
- Presenter and Panel Organizer, “What We Talk about When We Talk about Courtship: Historical Rhetoric, Rhetorical History, and the Marriage Negotiations of Elizabeth and Anjou.” Rhetoric Society of America, Seattle, WA, May 2008.
- Presenter, “‘By reason all ought to believe’: Religious Truth and the Rhetorical Practice of Elizabeth I.” Conference for College Composition and Communication, April 2008.
- Presenter, “A Conservative Revolution: Elizabeth I and the Making of Religious and Rhetorical Truth,” American Society for the History of Rhetoric Conference, Chicago, IL, November 2007.