- Ph.D. in Romance Languages and Literatures (Italian, French), with distinction, University of Oregon.
- M.A., Romance Languages and Literatures (Italian, French), University of Oregon.
- M.A., Franciscan Studies: Church History. Thesis: “The Unbearable Lightness of Francis’ Forma Vitae.” Dir.: Michael Cusato (Summer 2011).
- B.F.A., Painting, University of Oregon.
- B.A., Italian, University of Oregon.
- The Two Parallel Realities of Alberti and Cennini: The Power of Writing and the Visual Arts in the Italian Quattrocento. Lewiston, New York: The Edwin Mellen Press, 2004.
- “The Monastery of Santa Lucia in Foligno and the Legenda of Santa Chiara. From beguinage to scriptorium.” The Cord, Volume 60 No 2 ( St.Bonaventure: New York, April – June 2010): 118-137.
- “All’ombra della Controriforma. Dal Discorso di Paleotti alla Ricotta di Pasolini” Italica, Journal of the American Association of Teachers of Italian, 84 (2007): 548-555.
- “The Libro dell'Arte in Translation: A Historical Anamorphosis.” Florida Atlantic Comparative Studies, 6 (2003):113-134.
- “The Making of Cennino Cennini.” Explorations in Renaissance Culture, 30.2 (Winter 2004): 291-325.
- September, 2009: “Ozpetek’s Cuore sacro and Pasolini’s Teorema. The eternal conflict” RMMLA Conference, Snowbird, Utah.
- October, 2007: “Technology in the classroom” Cultura Conference, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge.
- October, 2005: “Telecollaborative Web Project for the Teaching of Italian.”AATI Conference, Washington D.C.
- April, 2005: “All’ombra della Controriforma: dai Discorsi di Paleotti a La Ricotta di Pasolini.” AAIS Conference, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- January, 2004: “Yukio Yashiro and the Primavera’s Unsolved Mystery.” Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities, Honolulu.
- May, 2003: Interdisciplinary Faculty Seminar, Dickinson College. “Renaissance, a Modern Phenomenon: Mastro Botticello.”
- November, 2000: “The Hegemony of Narrative and the Visual Arts.” American
Association Teachers of Italian, Toronto, Canada.
- April, 2002: “The Libro dell'Arte in Translation.” Kentucky Foreign Language Conference.
- February, 2002: Interdisciplinary Faculty Seminar, Dickinson College. “The
Progressive Separation of Art Theory and Art Practice.”
- November, 2001: Interdisciplinary Faculty Seminar, Dickinson College. “The Libro dell'Arte in Translation: A Historical Anamorphosis.”
- October, 2000: “Jacob Burckhardt’s Dream: Renaissance Man.” Romance Languages Graduate Student Conference, Internal Voices/External Echoes. University of Oregon.
- October, 2000: “Art Theory and Art Practice in the Italian Quattrocento: Cennino
Cennini and Leon Battista Alberti.” Image and Imagery. International Conference on Literature and the Arts. Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada.
- April, 2000: “La teoria e la pratica nell’arte pittorica del Quattrocento.” American Association of Italian Studies. New York.
- April, 1999: “Equilibri spaziali in Dario Bellezza e Vittorio Tondelli.” American
Association of Italian Studies. Eugene, Oregon.