- McNamara, K., Watson, J., & Wittmeyer, C. (2009, September). The Utilization of a Succession Plan to Effectively Change Leadership and Ownership in a Small Business Enterprise. The Journal of American Academy of Business, 15(1), 31-43.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2007). Pritchett Foods: From Basement Production to Thriving Innovative Enterprise in Two Generations. Family Business Casebook Annual 2007. Atlanta, GA.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2003). The Practice of Management: Timeless Views and Principles. The Academy of Management Executive. Vol. 17, No.3.
- Astrachan, J., Allen, E., Spinelli, S., & Wittmeyer, C. The 2003 American Family Business Survey. Raymond Institute and MassMutual. 2003.
- Reynolds, P., Wittmeyer, C., Green, M. (2002). The Global Entrepreneur Monitor: Family Sponsored Ventures. Kauffman Foundation. 2003.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Jones, R., & Wittmeyer, C. B. (2011). Trans Am Ambulance Services, Inc.: A Case Study on a Woman Owned For-Profit Family Business Competing in a Non- Profit Industry. USASBE Annual Meeting 2011.
- Wittmeyer, C., Astrachan, J. & Keyt, A. (2009). Best Practices of Self-Sustaining Family Business Centers. Proceedings of the USASBE National Annual Conference 2009.
*Best workshop nominee
- Wittmeyer, C. (2011). "Developing Family Business Across the Curriculum: Rationale and Approach" at the Academy of Business Discipline Annual 2011 Conference.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2008). The Rise and Fall of the Raymond Institute: Inside a Tail of Unfulfilled Promises. Proceedings of the USASBE National Annual Conference 2008.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2008). An Examination of Trustee Participation in Institutional Policy and Financial Decision Making. Proceedings of the IABD National Annual Conference 2008.
- Astrachan, J., Glucksman, S., & Wittmeyer, C. (2002). Results from the American Family Business Survey. Proceedings of the Family Firm Institute National Annual Meeting 2002.
- Preston, A., Biter, J., Murphy, R., Murphy, K., & Wittmeyer, C. (1991). Demand Driven Volunteer Institutional Research at Small Liberal Arts College. Proceedings of the 1991 Annual Conference of the Northeast Association for Institutional Research, 235-246.
Invited Presentations & Articles - Family Business
- Wittmeyer, C. (2013, February 8). Let's invest in WNY family firms' next generation, Rochester Business Journal.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2012, May 18). Family business needs your support, Buffalo Business First, p. 54.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2009, April 30). Preparing for Succession: What Will YourLegacy Be? Lecture presented at Annual National Shoe Retailer Association,St. Pete Beach, FL.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2009, April 23). Azteca Foods Case Study Panel. Moderator at Family Business Network USA Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2009, April 11). All Donors Are Not Equal: Decision Making Strategies for Prioritizing Potential Donors. Session presented at IABD, St. Louis, MO.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2008, January 10). Family Business Teaching Innovation. Panel Member presented at USASBE Annual National Meeting, San Antonio, TX.
- Wittmeyer, C. & Cox, L. Family Ventures in the Global Entrepreneur Monitor Report. Presented at the USASBE Annual Conference. Dallas, TX: January 21, 2004.
- Wittmeyer, C. & Green, M. (2003). Global Research on Family Sponsored Ventures. Family Firm Institute International Annual Meeting. Toronto: October 1, 2003.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2003, September 28). Venture Philanthropy: Building Alliances in Funding Opportunities. Session Presentation presented at Annual Conference of the Funders’ Alliance of Upstate New York, Cooperstown, NY.
- Astrachan, J., Wittmeyer, C. & et. al. The Global Entrepreneur Monitor: Family Sponsored Ventures. Family Business Network International Annual Meeting, Lausanne, Switzerland: September 24, 2003.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2003, April 1). Upstate New York Family Business Survey Results. Keynote presented at Rochester Chamber of Commerce, Rochester Country Club.
- Weilerstein, P., Moran, E., McIntyre, J., Hunt, J., & Wittmeyer, C. Show Me the Money: How to Use Entrepreneurial Concepts to Fund Academic Programs and Research. USASBE Annual Conference, Hilton Head, SC. (January 23, 2003).
- Wittmeyer, C., Green, M., Reynolds, P. Start-Up Family Firms: A 2002 Study of Ten Countries as Part of the GEM Project. USASBE Annual Conference, Hilton Head, SC. (January 21, 2003).
- Wittmeyer, C. (2003, June 2). Bob Lonsberry Show [Radio broadcast]. Rochester, NY: WHAM.
- Wittmeyer, C., & McDermid, M. (2003, May 19). It’s Your Business [Radio broadcast]. Buffalo, NY: WIVB.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2003, February 15). Bloomberg Small Business [Television broadcast]. New York, NY: Bloomberg.
Invited Presentations, Articles & Interviews
- Wittmeyer, C. (2012, January 12). Strategies for Building Family Business Programs and Courses. Co-moderator and presenter for the USASBE preconference workshop.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2009, April 15). Good to Great in the Development Shop – From Strategy to Execution. Session presented at Association of Fund-Raising Professionals Annual Meeting, Rochester, NY.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2008, October 23). Good to Great in the Development Shop – From Strategy to Execution. Keynote presented at Association of Fund-Raising Professionals Monthly Meeting, Oak Hill CC, Rochester NY.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2008, September 12). All Donors are Not Created Equal. Rochester Business Journal, p. 17.
Contracts, Grants & Sponsored Research
- Wittmeyer, C. (2010). Pacioli Research Grant: Family Business Philanthropy and Franciscan Values. St. Bonaventure University.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2010). Azteca Case Study. St. Bonaventure University Faculty Research Grant.
- Wittmeyer, C. (2010). Thriving in Family Business: How the Best Family Companies Master Challenges, Achieve Their Goals and Leave an Indelible Legacy. St. Bonaventure University Keenan Grant.
- Wittmeyer, C., "Family Business Executive Education Program Development", Sponsored by Ideal Industries, Private, $100,000 (October 2008 - July 2010).
- Wittmeyer, C., Reynolds, P., Green, M., "Global Entrepreneur Monitor-Family Business Special Topic", Sponsored by Kauffman Foundation, Raymond Institute, Babson College and London Business School, Federal, $15,000 (January 2002 - January 2004).
- Wittmeyer, C., Astrachan, J., Spinelli, S., & Allen, E. "American Family Business Survey 2003", Sponsored by Raymond Institute ($125,000) and Mass Mutual ($150,000) (September 2002 - February 2003).
Editorial and Review Activities
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Papers, "Annual Conference Proceedings", Southwestern Academy of Management. (August 2007 - Present).
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Papers, "International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (IJTLHE)". (July 2007 - Present).
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Papers, "National Conference", USASBE. (July 2007 - Present).
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Papers, "Small Business Institute Journal", Small Business Advancement National Center. (August 2006 - Present).
- 2001 Buffalo Business First 40 Under 40 Award for Professional Success and Community Involvement