Get connected at St. Bonaventure
As the nation’s premier Franciscan University, St. Bonaventure University instills in students a real passion for learning and living. Our professors are committed and approachable faculty who dedicate themselves to making connections - among themselves, their courses and, most importantly, their students.
It's this caring commitment that links learning to living at SBU and makes a Bonaventure education the experience of a lifetime. Get connected, stay connected, at St. Bonaventure University.
- For undergraduate tuition, fees and estimated costs, and access to the University's undergraduate cost calculator, click here.
- For graduate tuition and fees, click here.
- More than 90% of students receive financial aid; the average freshman package is $22,000
- Of the $20 million in annual scholarships and grants students receive, $1.1 million is from endowed/annual scholarships
Retention & Graduation Statistics:
- 80% of freshmen return for their sophomore year
- Six-year graduation rate: 64%
- 53% female, 47% male
- 31 states and 38 foreign countries
- High school academic average: 87%
- Average SAT score (reading and math) of entering freshmen: 1050; average composite ACT: 23
- Class of 2009: 89% of undergraduate degree recipients employed full time or attending graduate school
- More than 50 undergraduate majors and programs, including pre-health dual admissions programs and pre-law early admission, and 20 graduate programs from the schools of Arts & Sciences, Business, Education, Journalism/Mass Communication, and Franciscan Studies
- 75% of students live on campus
- Of St. Bonaventure's 24,944 active alumni, 20.41% support the Bonaventure Fund. The national average for similar universities is 12.6%.
- The university surpassed the goal of its 150th Anniversary Campaign in May 2009, garnering more than $95 million in cash and pledges.
Athletics: NCAA Division I - Atlantic 10 Conference
- Men's varsity sports: baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, swimming and diving, tennis
- Women's varsity sports: basketball, cross country, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, tennis
- Club sports: women's field hockey, men's ice hockey, men's lacrosse, rugby (men and women), ski racing (men and women)
- Intramural: basketball, dodge ball, flag football, floor hockey, golf, kickball, pool, soccer, softball, volleyball, wallyball